Some reminders for our troop families:
- Tonight is the cooking competition. Three teams will be evaluated on:
- YUM factor of their meal AND
- How they handle clean up (LEAVE NO TRACE)
- Summer camp registration money is due very soon — mid April so that we can get it turned in to the council on time.
- If you’re signed up for VALLEY FORGE HISTORY TRAIL , please meet with SM Farrell tonight to assign grubmaster and cover what to bring, what to leave at home.
Today’s quote from the 1st edition of the BSA handbook –
“The motto, “Be Prepared,” means that the scout is always in a state of readiness in mind and body to do his duty. To be prepared in mind, by having disciplined himself to be obedient, and also by having thought out beforehand any accident or situation that may occur, so that he may know the right thing to do at the right moment, and be willing to do it. To be prepared in body, by making himself strong and active and able to do the right thing at the right moment, and then to do it.”