Last night, our troop conducted its fourth Court Of Honor (COH) program. We had a special guest speaker — Mr. Joel Lieberman, our Senior District Executive. He talked to the parents and scouts about his experiences with the scouting program as a youth and how those experiences aided him while serving our nation in the Army and Air Force.
Tristan D., served as the Master of Ceremonies and our Assistant Senior Patrol Leader, Kurtis W. handled a presentation on the Patrol Method and recognition of individual scout achievements.
Since our last Court of Honor, six merit badges have been completed, and the following ranks were mastered:
- Tenderfoot = 2
- Second Class = 5
- First Class = 1
- Star = 1
- Life = 1
We also discussed our upcoming trip to Camp Somers at Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation. Most of the information needed for parents and scouts can be found through the following links:
- Summer Camp Leader’s Guide (Click HERE)
- What each scout should pack to bring to camp (Click HERE)
- What each PATROL should consider packing — (Click HERE)
- Camp MENU for the week (Click HERE)
- Main page with summer camp information (Click HERE)
- Directions to Camp (Click HERE)
Other notes about summer camp:
- Saturday Check OUT should be done by no later than 10 AM so long as the scouts work together as a team to speed through our campsite final inspection.
- Several parents agreed to work together on carpooling as we have some scouts in need of a ride to and/or from camp.
- We still need to compile a master list of each scout’s daily schedule to help coordinate buddy teams for safety. If a scout is without a buddy, we may be able to match him up with a scout from Troop 777 who will be sharing our site.
Finally, we shared photos from recent trips and completed a Friends of Scouting presentation.
Next week’s meeting will feature baking in cardboard ovens. Please feel free to bring a friend to that meeting!