Central NJ Council (but open to any registered scout regardless of council affiliation)
February 9 at 8:00 AM AND February 10 at 8:30 AM
Herbert Hoover Middle School
174 Jackson Ave
Edison, NJ 08817
- Early Registration by 5 pm January 10, 2013 = $21/day (includes lunch)
- Registration from January 10 to January 24, 2013 = $26/day (includes lunch)
- ON LINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON JANUARY 24, 2013
- Walk-in Registration = $35 / day (classes limited)
- ALL SCOUTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO DONATE TWO NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS
To make the registration process go smoothly, we recommend you follow these steps in order:
Step 1) Download the information packet and class pre-requisites by clicking here.
Step 2) Download the current schedule of classes by clicking here.
Step 3) Identify your class selections and then proceed to the registration page here by clicking here.
For directions click here.
- Review the pre-requisites in this packet BEFORE signing up for the class, then plan and prepare accordingly.
- All Scouts are required to bring with them the following items:
- Blue cards for each merit badge, signed by your Scoutmaster or designee. Counselors will not have blue cards.
- Completed pre-requisites for your merit badge, as listed in this packet. Certain requirements may need verification from Scoutmaster or another adult. Bring a signed letter describing your completion of a requirement to get credit.
- Worksheets for merit badges are available at http://www.usscouts.org/meritbadges.asp or http://www.meritbadge.org.
- Paper or notebook.
- Writing instruments – pens and pencils (bring extra).
- Completion of a merit badge is not guaranteed by your attendance. All required work must be done and approved. (Nothing more, nothing less!) Scouts will earn credit for those items completed. The completed items will be indicated and signed off on the back of the blue card.
- Scouts will not be permitted to drop off a merit badge worksheet to a counselor for their review, unless they attend the merit badge session for credit. No exceptions.
- If you have started working on the merit badge with another counselor, and wish to complete the badge at this event, you will need to demonstrate to the MBF counselor, to their satisfaction, that you have fulfilled all the requirements, as indicated in this packet. The merit badge counselors at this event are under no obligation to accept portions of the badge done with another counselor.
Merit Badges offered at the event include:
- American Heritage
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Citizenship in the World
- Coin Collecting
- Dog Care
- Family Life
- First Aid
- Personal Fitness
- Personal Management
- Scouting Heritage
- Search & Rescue
- Wood Carving
Note: this is NOT a troop sponsored event — if a troop family would like to participate, they are encouraged to do so, but we’re not offering car pooling, etc. from our troop.